A Maine Leader in Emergency Medical Services
Delta Ambulance was formed in 1972 by three Waterville hospitals. Since then, Delta has been a state leader in expanding emergency medical skills and services and was the first in Maine to
- Perform advanced life support neonatal transfers
- Provide licensed aeromedical transfers
Delta is also one of the first transport services to staff ambulances with paramedics.
Wheelchair transportation services were added in 1991 to offer an alternative to traditional ambulance transfers. Since 1972, Delta has cared for almost 350,000 people and traveled more than 4 million miles safely, efficiently, and effectively.
Awards and Recognition
- MidMaine Chamber of Commerce “Business of the Year” Award — 2012
- Department of Defense/ESGR Pro Patria Award — 2011
- Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce President’s Award — 2010
- Margaret Chase Smith Maine State Quality Award — 2000